❤️ Apache Iceberg? Spread the word by giving it a ⭐ on the apache/iceberg repo!
- The Iceberg 1.4.3 release is live! Get more details and the latest bits here.
- Added the StandardEncryptionManager, which will manage data and metadata encryption (including native encryption on Parquet and ORC formats).
- View support has been added to both the REST and Nessie catalog implementations.
- Added support for specifying the spec_id to the RewriteManifestProcedure so that a rewrite can be performed on manifests with older spec_ids.
- Updated to support Flink 1.18, the latest version.
- Added support to the Flink Iceberg Source for emitting watermarks and ensuring that they are in order.
- Parallelized file reading in the add_files() procedure.
- Performance improvements to delete file planning. This will greatly increase planning performance when position delete files are targeted to a single data file.
- New APIs for tracking partition stats in table metadata. This will enable engines to more easily get partition stats for query optimizations.
- Removed support for Spark 3.2.
- How to Integrate Databricks with Snowflake-managed Iceberg Tables – A good example of the architectural flexibility Iceberg brings.
- Getting Started with Flink SQL, Apache Iceberg, and DynamoDB Catalog.
- Explore the Wonders of Apache Iceberg.
- What’s so cool about Apache Iceberg?
- Get hands-on with Iceberg and Snowflake.
- David Gomes delivers a great overview of file formats, table formats, and how they come together to create a data lakehouse. For an added bonus, check out this discussion thread regarding the article.
- Introducing WAP Pattern Support with Apache Iceberg.
- More on Apache Iceberg support in AWS Redshift.
- Snowflake presents the Open Data Lakehouse – How to use Snowflake as a data lakehouse with Iceberg tables.
- Dremio predicts that Apache Iceberg will become the most adopted table format in 2024.
- Check out Starburst’s new Iceberg / Trino demo video.
🏁 Get Started with Apache Iceberg
👩🏫 Learn more about Apache Iceberg on the official Apache site
📺 Watch and subscribe to the Iceberg YouTube Channel
📰 Read up on some community blog posts
🏾 Contribute to Iceberg
SELECT * FROM you JOIN iceberg_community
📬 Subscribe to the Apache Iceberg mailing list